CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

If you could live anytime in the past when would it be and why?

I have always been attracted to the late 1800's to about 1900 but the Pioneers are my favorite.

I love to read about this time period, watch movies about it etc.

Not sure why? Maybe because life was simpler, family was number one and quality time was abundant.

Cramming all your stuff in a wagon and heading toward a better life just appeals to me...what can I say.

Though it does look like a tight fit ;)




I think the you would realize that stuff is just that...stuff.

To to think things like a ribbon was a luxury. How far we have come....in a lot of ways in the wrong direction.

Many pioneers lived in sod houses...can you imagine?



That being said I think I would love it....

What period of time would you want to live in?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This a fun post.

I like the pioneering era too. One of my favorite books and tv shows as a kid was Little House on the Prairie. I wanted that life so bad - and imagine how rough it would really be? But it was romantic wasn't it?

My favorite time period is the Victorian era. I can never get enough of it. I love the clothing, decor, customs and silliness of it all. I am always looking for books or movies written about that era.

I like the picture of the covered wagon. The first thing I noticed was the chair on the left. I can't even imagine loading up and leaving it all for a dream out West.